Thursday, February 10, 2005

Stuff (as my mom titles all emails)

I know I still have a long way to go, but I am feeling pretty good about my diet. Jeans which just a few weeks ago did not fit, I can now zip up wtihout even laying on the bed and not breathing out. And I can sit down without them digging into my flesh. And the best part is that I am not suffering. I eat whatever I want for dinner and I have a good lunch, and I have been filling up on fruit. Yay Me!!!

I am thinking of possibly canceling the Vegas trip. Well, "postponing" would be a better word, I suppose. When Chris said he couldn't go because of his wedding, I officially stopped calling it ChamVegas. It can't be ChamVegas without Chris, that was our thing. My parents are going no matter what, and Patsy and Diddy are going. Joe will go if we go. Then I have people who won't even commit that they might want to go. I don't know if I want to go on a vacation with Princess where most nights I will be in the hotel room with her - if it was the whole family, it would be different. A decision has not been made, but Hub and I are thinking of not going. Maybe we'll go someplace else - a cruise, an island, a quiet place in Florida (or to visit the Republican Freaks Hub calls friends down there). Who knows. I have just lost my steam for the Vegas trip, I don't feel excited for it anymore, so why go through the money and time?

We just got back from Gymboree class, and I met a woman there with a daughter who is Princess's age. The kids were toddling around, kinda talking to each other, hanging out. The other mom and I were shooting the breeze as you do at Gymboree (oh! she's so cute! oh, so's she!) when I turned and looked at her for the first time. She was pregnant - and I mean hugely pregnant. Her daughter was 14 months old and she looked like she could deliver any moment. I totally don't get that, I just don't get how you can handle that. It must be bad enough to have 2 kids in diapers, but to have 2 kids who don't really talk, need to be carried everywhere, need to be fed (meaning they can't feed themselves)...ergh. I totally don't get it.

But more importantly, Princess had on her Pretty Peas hot pink shirt and pants from Gymboree and she was the belle of the ball. Everyone commented on how cute she looked. Well, duh.

Re-found quote: "I swear to this, she felt like velvet" -Bush, 'Alien'