Friday, February 04, 2005

Play with her, my pretty

First of all, if you feel the need to buy The Princess something, try anything here.

I take Princess to Gymboree classes on Thursdays. She loves it, loves the kids, loves running around like a maniac climbing on everything. She mostly plays well with others, though she occasionally will steal a toy or two. But that's ok, she's only one. So I am concerned that I have "issues" already, because there are about 20 kids in the class, all cuties in their own right. But there are three really beautiful kids in the class - Princess (of course), Amanda, and Samantha. Really stunning girls, could all be models, all dress in the most fashionable clothes. At this age kids don't really play with each other - they play next to each other. So already, I am trying to get Princess to play next to the pretty girls so she will be "popular." (Now don't ge me wrong, I don't want her becoming one of those bitches we all went to high school with - you know the type. That's not my goal and I'd be furious if she ended up like that.) Its so weird though, to want your kid at the age of one to flock to the most attractive kids in the class. I think this is a serious issue. These girls are also super sweet, and we certainly play with ALL the kids, not just these two girls. But I find myself wanting her to make friends with them.

And here's another weird thing about it - the mother of Samantha is always trying to sit next to us, trying to get her to play with Princess. So, I think I am not alone in my madness.

In other news, I was supposed to take Princess into my ex-workplace to visit my ex-coworkers and ex-boss today. But it snowed and its really yuck out, so we'll wait till next week. I was semi looking forward to it, because who doesn't want to hear people gush for hours about how gorgeous your kid is? And I want my ex-boss to know that I am doing just fine without working there. But I was also dreading it. I am not sure why. I am sure its partially because I don't want to see CIH, who will gush about Princess and act like we were ever friends. And partially because I know seeing someone else doing my job, even though she is my friend and I am happy for her, will be weird. I know she will act super busy while I am there to make it seem like she is just going crazy with all the work she has to do, and I will know its bs. But I think perhaps the main reason for my dread is that I really want my ex-boss to ask me to come back to work there. I don't want to work there, but I want them to need me. I want her to know that people still call me to ask me questions about my work and how to do this or that. I want her to know that being home for a year hasn't made me lose my edge. And I want her to know that I can do that job better than anyone else could. I think she knows that las thing, I really do. We didn't get along great, but I think she respected me for being outspoken and competant while the person who took my job is more immature and flaky. She doesn't inspire confidence. I know she won't ask me back...though I am going to put it out there that I may be looking for PT or consultant work in a few months and see what she says. I would love to be able to do one of two things - turn her down, or be able to demand certain things for me to return (a certain salary per hour, CIH keeps the f away from my work, etc). It won't happen, but I wish it would.

And on one more note, I have lost 10 pounds. My jeans are falling off me. Everyone is noticing. I am feeling confident and great about it. Its fabulous. Only 9 months to go till the wedding and VEGAS, BABY!