Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Yep, Another Meme

Obviously nothing of any interest is going on in my life right now, so I am posting yet another meme. Snagged from Guppyman, seen everywhere.
--------------
What I was doing ten years ago:
10 years ago I was dating Hub for one year. I was not at all thinking about getting married. I was still a little sad to not be single, but happy I met the man I was meant to be with. I was still going out drinking every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with my friend C. I spent most of my free time in NYC. C and I had also just gotten back from a trip to London and Paris.

5 Years ago:
I was married for 2 years. We had just bought our house. Everyone was thinking there was something wrong with me because I didn't want to have kids yet. I was still having a great time, traveling everywhere and hanging with my friends. Five years ago I went to Times Square for New Years Eve with my cousin, and to Mardi Gras in New Orleans with friends and another cousin. I was planning my trip to Italy with Hub.

1 Year ago:
I was getting used to being a mother, and happy to have my first summer "off" since I was a kid. Everyone started asking when I was having another kid. Bah. It has not stopped.

Yesterday:
I fought with Verizon Wireless and humidity.

5 Snacks I enjoy:
Cheddar Triscuits
Big Cheez-Its
Potato chips
Ring Dings
Ice Cream

5 Songs I know all the words to:
Every song by Bon Jovi
Every song by Hole
Every song by NIN
Every song by Pearl Jam
Nearly every song by John Mellencamp

5 Things I would do with $100 million:
Buy a bar for me and Patsy in N'Awlins
Travel
Buy a few houses (in NJ, New Orleans, Maui)
Give my family whatever they need/want
Buy a Choppers Inc bike just so I could meet Billy Lane (but I'd give the bike to Hub, ain't I nice)

5 Locations I would like to run away to:
Hawaii
New Orleans
Aruba
Venice
Vegas

5 Things I like doing:
Being with friends/family
Playing with Princess
Partying
Laying on the beach with a frozen drink
Shopping (if only I had the money)

5 Bad habits I have:
Biting my nails
Eating when I am not hungry
Being super-sarcastic
Getting defensive
Procrastination

5 Things I would never wear:
A Cowboys jersey
A Red Sux jersey
A NY Rangers jersey
A shirt made of neckties
A scrunchie

5 TV shows I like:
Law & Order SVU
The Daily Show
Friends reruns
The Sopranos
Six Feet Under

5 Biggest joys of the moment:
Princess
Dowloading the new Bon Jovi single this morning
My friends & family
Summer concerts
Being an Adorable Rodent in the TTLB Ecosphere

5 Favorite toys:
My digital camera
My computer
My car (red Mustang GT convertible)
My blender
My air conditioner (its friggin hot here!)

22 comments:

Kimberly said...

Good list *she says as she sits at her computer biting her nails and thinking about cheese -its*

Anonymous said...

It is, and I have read many of them! Don't understand the TTLB Ecosphere at all

This girl is thinking about all she has to do before the massive thunderstorm. The list keeps on growing!

LisaBinDaCity said...

I LOVED this post!!!

I can barely remember what I did this morning :-)

Will get more creative later.

guppyman said...

I was enjoying this until I got to the part about the Cowboy's jersey.

I am insulted.

Evey said...

Fun post! I did this last week or so. I especially liked the part where you said you would never wear a Red Sux jersey:) This made my day. Living in Boston is tough when EVERYONE around you thinks the Red Sox are the best thing around. Hubby and I HATE them. When we moved here everyone told us we would be Sox fans in no time, well its been almost a year and we are still sickly devoted to the Mariners even tho we suck. ha!

kristen said...

I love this post too ~ good meme. I was married for 5 years before we decided to have a kid. Now that we're one and done, we still get the whole when are more coming? Umm, they aren't!

xtessa said...

ooohhh!!! i just posted the same meme! LOL!!! have a nice day!

thephoenixnyc said...

I love the things you will never wear list.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Great information. here. It says a lot.

Anonymous said...

what you didnt like that shirt made of neckties. come one that was the coolest

Tuesday Girl said...

You forgot "buy Tuesday everything" if you won a 100 million.

duh.

Nick said...

Who's Bon Jovi?

nick

Bridget Unnel said...

Ring Dings?! I knew you were cool.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have been all over the world... I'm so jealous!

Anonymous said...

I like this. "get to know your fav jersey girl in little under five minutes"

Unknown said...

LMAO, a shirt made of neckties! You know, stupid people make a night out more memorable... LOL!

Wirthy said...

Way to hold out on having kids! I've been holding out for 30 years and plan on holding out for many more.

Brian said...

I've tried to come up with answers to that list. No luck! Its hard to think about what I was doing when I was 11. My memory sucks!

Anonymous said...

have i ever mentioned how much i love my blender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raehan said...

The ring-dings are what are sticking in my mind, too. I'm craving chocolate. Help me get them out of my head!

Ally said...

That neck-shirt is truly scary ...

Shannon akaMonty said...

Your 5 bad habits are exactly the same as mine. Only I'd have to add smoking to the list. :)