Friday, July 08, 2005

Best I Can Do Today

I am glad to hear that all of my blogging friends from the UK are safe and sound. I have to admit that it is odd to see the horror of yesterday unfolding on tv and wonder if people who you consider to be friends but whom you have never met are ok. But I am glad you are.

I was going to post some opinions and such on this, but when I wrote it all out it was a serious downer and that's not what this space is about for me. I don't see a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel; I think this is the situation we are stuck with from now on. This is what our lives are like - we will never feel safe again.

Oops, slipped into downerville for a sec there. So, um, here's something cute that happened with Princess yesterday. Hub was talking about how he is going to screw his company by taking his sweet ass time to work so they'll have to pay him overtime and get screwed on their numbers (he says this all the time, but never has the heart to do it). So I said, you are already getting home at 8pm, who are you going to be screwing by working later than that - the company or your family? Princess picks up on the word family and starts repeating it. So Hub starts explaining who is in our family...Mommy, Daddy, Princess, and Gypsy. And Princess starts yelling at him, BABY!BABY!BABY!BABY! She just got a new babydoll and stroller this weekend and she was quite offended that Baby was not included in the family. So Hub repeated the list of our family members: Mommy, Daddy, Princess, Gypsy, and Baby. This drew a big smile from her and she was happy.

Eh, not a great story, but I am not really in the mood to think of something funny. It'll have to do for today.

24 comments:

Vixen said...

That's a cute story about Princess! Don't you love it when kids are clever and pick up on stuff like that! :)

Evey said...

I totally thought thats where the story was going that she picked up on the word screwed. HA! She sounds adorable, how old is she?

Kim said...

That's so cute! I love it when we have to succumb to their cute stuff. :-)

Anonymous said...

thanks True.. i understand.... xx

Panthergirl said...

Awwww... cute!

Here via michele today!

Twist of Kate said...

That was a very cute story...just fine for today! Happy Friday Girl! And I was just like interstellarlass in thinking she was gonna say screw! :) ahahaha

Peanutt said...

I also thought it was the word "screwed" that she picked up on! LOL. It usually is the no-no word that gets heard first!
It was a cute story! Happy Friday!

Kimberly said...

You dont have to be cheerful. This is your space, remember?? I love it when you rant, bitch and giggle - and when you are sad, I'll be here too. *hugs*

PS- I really don't have good shoes. Seriously - not picture worthy. Does that mean I'm not girly enough? Yikes;-) Next time your down we'll have to go shopping!

J&J's Mom said...

You know what I was thinking when you said Baby don't you? ;0) We didn't end up going today afterall..the metro didn't seem like such a good idea and it's pouring rain. D.C. + rain + bored tourists= big downer. Have a great weekend!

Arethusa said...

I think your best was swell for today. When things like this happens, it's great when you get down to the little personal stuff. :)

Anonymous said...

i thought your daughter was asking for another baby in the family, as in you, mom, have another baby!!!!!
i feel like you do today, just trying to make sense of it all.

Miss_Vicki said...

That is too cute, little girls are just too damn adorable. Hopefully you'll remind her of this cuteness when she's a teenager and demanding everything under the sun :)

Star said...

I thought you were going to say she picked up the word "screwed". That's the way those things usually go.
Michele sent me this time.

-E said...

Oh it is still a cute story, don't sell yourself short. Don't ever forget Baby!

Michele sent me.

Anonymous said...

We can't always think "funny."

Cheers!

Brian said...

Cute story...!

Anonymous said...

That story is just way too cute!

Kim said...

Here is my beach read suggestion: One For the Money, Janet Evanovich. You'll love it!! Unless of cousre you have been to B&N already and are already on book 5 by now. LOL!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

That's a great story JerseyGirl. If you want to answer 12 questions about what your impression of me is, see the Weekend Question.

Gorgeous Girl said...

cute story. where do you go in Conneticut. I'm on candlewood lake. right around hardscrable road really.

Raehan said...

What do you mean that's not a great story? it's perfect!

Tracy S said...

lmao inter..I thought the same thing for a second myself ...was like uh -oh ..lmao
Glad that your friends are ok Jersey ...Have a great weekend !!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Michele sent me!

Great Princess story! I run a "fun" blog, too, so I can completely understand how it can be hard at times to come up with the greatest "material." Today is actually one such day, so I'm getting everybody to talk about death! ;) Believe it or not, it's actually become a fun topic!

Mary said...

LOL, all of our dirty minds thought alike. I thought the story was going to 'screwed', too.
Very cute about the baby being part of the family. That's how it is here, too.

Bumbling Bav, one of MY nicknames is "Mary Moo". That was strange to read that in your comment!