Monday, July 18, 2005

Mellencamp Review, Part 1

Wow, so let's see, where to begin about the Mellencamp concert. First, I will say that I am still a drinking champ and did not have too bad a hangover yesterday. In fact, I not only went to my parents' house to pick up Princess, but I also had lunch with Hub's family AND I exercised. And I will also say that this is not really a review of the concert, but rather of the tailgaiting.

We did see Fogerty and I don't recall much of it. We did see Mellencamp and I don't recall much of it. And oh, what a great concert it was.

I think the best way to describe the day is through pictures. Yes, Hub had the camera and he took 250 pics. That's right - TWO HUNDRED FIFTY. Plus some video of the concert - but its really useless as you can't hear Mellencamp singing, you can only hear me and Patsy singing. Poorly, loudly, and very off key. Oh, this was good times.

Here's some of what we drank. Patsy made vodka and lemonade and even put real lemons in there. Yum.
Vodka and Lemonade

Here's me and Patsy after Fogerty and before Mellencamp, vegging and having some brews:
Patsy and TJG at Mellencamp

Here's me and Hub, part 1. You can tell by the squinty eyes I have that this was laaaate in the evening:
Me and Hub

Here's me and Hub, part 2. He says I would not stop drinking long enough to get a pic of us.
TJG and Hub

Here's me kicking the porta potty. I have been told our friend was in there, but I don't really recall this moment:
knocking down the porta potty


Here is my insane husband, who happened to be the only one who was stone cold sober. Although you wouldn't guess it from this pic:
Hub is crazy

There are also pictures of our friend J with puke in his beard after he threw up in his hands (I thought you were the only one who did that, Patsy?). But I am going to spare you those. I am sure Patsy will go into more detail on her blog, which is good because maybe then she can remind me of what happened because truly, its all a blur. Tomorrow, I will tell you about all the freaks I met. I talked to several of them about their underwear. That's right, tune in tomorrow.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a FUN time! I'll have to try some of that Vodka Lemonade... that looks good :)

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a GREAT time! and you don't look drunk at all! I go BRIGHT RED when i drink... how embarrassing...

Anonymous said...

super! I've never had lemonade and vodka? I gotta try it one day!

Scarlet Hip said...

Vodka and lemonade. Good times.

Anonymous said...

nothing says summer concert like a bit of lemonade;)

xtessa said...

LOL! you truly are the champ!;) looks like you had a fab time!

guppyman said...

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I really REALLY want to see/hear the video. The two of you singing would be worth it's weight in gold. Post it, please!!!!!

Bridget Unnel said...

Even with steel-toed shoes, I don't think I would touch a port-a-potty! Those things are evil! Glad you had fun though (at the concert, not in the portable loo!)

Charlie Mc said...

hahahaha, you kickin' a potty!

So, you really don't remember the show itself huh? haha

Marie said...

LOL! The porta potty pic is classic. ;) Mmmm...that vodka lemonade looks GOOD. Glad you all had such a fun time at the show!

jlybn123 said...

You are lucky in that you are still a "drinking champ"! I would be on my butt for 2 days after vodka and lemonade's! When did I get old????

Glad you had fun and hopefully it will come back to ya, eventually! LOL

Kim said...

It sounds like a great time!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Oh dear! I'm just thinking of whoever was in that portapotty when you kicked it!

Peanutt said...

Vodka and lemonade, what a great summer drink! Not that I drink it often, but it just screams summertime! LOL. Glad you had a great time. Can't wait for installment #2 or to go over to Patsys blog and read her version!!!

Sleeping Mommy said...

I SO want to party with you my dear. LOL!

You looked like you were having a great time.

kristen said...

Looks like you had a GREAT time. On the way to Ikea yesterday, I saw the billboard for the concert and thought of you all having a raucous good time! I like the pic of you kicking the porta-potty!

Vixen said...

Looks like you had a great time even if you can't remember the show! :) Love the Port O Potty pic! LOL

Dawn said...

who ever said that you have to remember everything? It sounds like from what you can remember...that it was a great time:)

Molly said...

Glad to hear you had such a great time. Wow! that Vodka Lemonade looks like a pro made it, sweet, it sounds good...pour me a glass, or two or three

Pirate Princess said...

Here via Michele today. Sounds like you were having a good time!

Arethusa said...

I am now incredibly interested in hearing the video. I love me some off-key singing! It's great that y'all enjoyed yourselves, even with puke in the beard.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time! I will try to check back tomorrow to hear the freak stories. I love those!

Raehan said...

You sure know how to have a blast!!!

I live vicariously through you.

Anonymous said...

I saw Mellencamp when he was still John Cougar (or had just become Cougar Mellancamp) in 1985. My sister and I didn't get that drunk.

Scully

soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

Oooh, that lemonade looked damn good!!!

Natsthename said...

I'm late reading this...PUKE IN THE BEARD. UGH! I'm gonna hurl now...

Now THIS is a review!