Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Random Stuff

I went to the mall today, looking for bargains, and saw some of the oddest people ever. Like I had to take a second look to figure out if the people were seriously wearing the outfits I thought they were wearing. One lady, a rather large lady, had on a long sleeved silk blouse (its like 100* out today) in black with multicolored flowers, and it was tucked into high-waisted hot pink pants. OMG. Another lady, apparently trying to be trendy but waaaaaay past the age for it, had on tight capri jeans, one of those trendy boho-type flowy tops...and no bra. And trust me, she needed one.
----------
Also at the mall, I found this for Princess for fall. So should any of you be in the market to buy a gift for her, feel free. And we like the hat, too.
----------
Oh, and also at the mall, I had been stalking this adorable Ralph Lauren shirt for Princess. Finally, its on a great sale and they have one left in 24 months. So I go to buy it. The saleslady, who had been following me around Bloomingdale's like I was going to rob the place, goes to take the security tag off of it and she rips the shirt. I want to know why, when they were training this idiot, did they not spend as much time on "carefully removing tags so as not to harm fabrics" as they did on "harass and stalk customers and make them uncomfortable"???
-----------
I have exercised 5 out of the last 7 days (today will make it 6 out of the last 8) and I have eaten well and not had a drop of alcohol. Please tell me why I am not skinny yet?
-----------
Only four days till the John Mellencamp concert! All the bloggers I know who saw this concert said that John Fogerty, the opening act, was tremendous. I hadn't even planned on going in early enough to see him, since we have an all-day tailgating party planned in the parking lot.

27 comments:

Tuesday Girl said...

Love the vest, I will have to get that for Baby B.
Gotta love Jersey malls for crazy outfits!

BTW, which mall?

kristen said...

I have the biggest pet peeve about those g-damn sensors! Why do they have to be put on in the WORST place possible so there's almost always a hole or just a bigger space in the weave of the material? Why can't they be attached to the 44 tags that seem to be necessary in clothes these days....or if not the tag than at least on the seam at the bottom or on the inside??

True Jersey Girl said...

Tuesday Girl: today I was at Willowbrook.

thephoenixnyc said...

I've seen Mellencamp before and he's great live. I saw fogerty play with Bruce at the VOTE FOR CHANGE concert and he was great as well.

Enjoy.

Molly said...

Man! that sucks that they didn't remove the security sensor properly why do the salespeople always seem inadept at that aspect of the job?

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooooooooo, i love finding bargains, i do the same thing, i keep an eye on something until it goes on sale, checking in once a week!
as for the skinny thing, you look great from here!

Arethusa said...

Ahhh mall patrons fashions: the place to go if you want to leave clawing your eyes out. At least where I live.

Aww the vest and hat combo is adoooorable!

guppyman said...

You are on the wrong diet.... forget the eating healthy stuff...

Just forget eating and drink a lot. If you don't lose the weight, you'll at least be drunk enough not to care.

Anonymous said...

You know how much I enjoyed John Fogerty! Can't wait to hear what you thought of him, be it good or bad :-)

Evey said...

That vest is totally adorable! Love it!

I hate sales people like that, Gap is the WORST! When I was in high school my friends and I used to take turns seeing who could make it all the way to the back of the store and touch the wall and back out before we got attacked by some overly chirpy salesperson. It was rare we made it out in peace.

True Jersey Girl said...

Dawn: When the stuff starts to look really bad on you. If you can still get away with it, more power to ya! But this lady...trust me, it was not working for her.

Twist of Kate said...

I can't believe she was SO lame and ripped it and after all your waiting! Lame!

That puppy sweater is too cute and I like the hat as well, I think Princess would look perfect in both!

Kimberly said...

Awwww, so cute!!

The concert sounds like a blast! Let me kwow about the diet thing. I need a new method too. I've been good but my scale hasn't.

Charlie Mc said...

Fogerty is a MUST see!!!!

I once caught someone taking off one of those security tags under a rack with her TEETH!!!

Beanhead said...

That sweater is to cute and the hat is over the top...:)

I love to watch all the people at the mall. My personal favorite are the slim 400lb ladies that walk around in a size 4 dress.

Anonymous said...

It takes time to lose weight after you exercise, give it time. The sweater vest is cute, but wouldn;t that be hot to wear in the summer? Is this what I have to look forward to? Buying clothes for the kid? What do I know! I'll have to ask you for advice!

Sleeping Mommy said...

I would be so angry about that sales lady.

The skinny thing? Yeah, they keep telling me that I didn't put on this weight over night so it won't come off over night.

The thing is, I know I put it on faster that it will ever come off.

How's that fair?

Anonymous said...

that's really really cute! Helene loves dogs too!

exercise is bad for you. it is evil. i never do any (though I fear in a few years time I will have no choice..)

Scarlet Hip said...

It's not fair that we don't get skinny after one week of exercise! I remember - back in my youthful partying days - when a weekend of drinking and dancing could knock off five pounds. So not fair that stops once we are of age.

Kim said...

The pink puppy sweater vest is adorable!

I would have klobbered the saleslady who ripped the shirt. That stinks.

Bridget Unnel said...

Willowbrook is a nice one. LOVE Short Hills though! The one closest to us (Quakerbridge) is lame, but Freehold Raceway is not far at all....

Bridget Unnel said...

OMG - I sound so "Jersey Girl" above!!

Megan said...

Good for you for sticking with the exercise thing. Keep at it; you'll be skinner next - I promise. I'm trying to drop a few lbs. myself, so I'l keep an eye on you. No fair you having fun when I can't!

And don't get me started on inappropriate fashion choices...

Megan said...

Next week. You'll be skinner next week.

Oy!

Vixen said...

Oh! Let me know what you think of the Mellencamp Show! I am thinking of going to see him.

And WAY TO GO on the exercise/diet thing! Really why doesn't the weight just drop off?!?! I think it should!

Katy said...

You look thin to me!!!!!;) By the way, do you think my blog makes my ass look big?

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I drive past John Mellencamp's house every day on my way to work.