Sunday, July 24, 2005

In the Ghettooo..(sing it with me)...

So when you are one of just a few white people at a mostly-black event, you get a totally different view of racism. Now don't get me wrong, no one there was racist towards us; in fact almost everyone was quite friendly. But it put me into the shoes of some of my black friends when they come to my house or to an event where they are the minority. We were definitely the minority and it felt weird. Luckily, we had a few drinks and everything was just fine.

But in any case, here are some pics:

Here is my friend, the hostess of the event (yep, those are Gucci sunglasses).


Us having dinner. Ah, the BEST macaroni and cheese you ever had in your life. And you can kinda see my dark hair - I will try to get a better pic up tomorrow.


Yep, there's my kid in the middle of the crazy line dancing. (And Patsy's and my Coach bags, of course).
---------------------
I have, as of yet, been unsuccessful in posting the video of the concert. Despite the kind help of the lovely Ben Padilla, I am a moron who just cannot for the life of me figure it out. I am lucky I can upload pictures by myself. But trust me, Patsy and I watched them yesterday and were laughing so hard it hurt. So I will keep trying.

21 comments:

xtessa said...

oooh, i do hope you'd succeed in posting the videos (and you can teach me how to do it, too!);)

btw, i think i'm loving the dark hair. looks more sophisticated, i think.:)

Kimberly said...

Your hair looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing a closer picture of it.

Mac & Cheese...mmmmmmmmmmmmm:-)

Anonymous said...

looks like great times, your daughter seems determined to follow in your footsteps!
i couldn't agree with you more on ben, he sure seems like a sweetie

Charlie Mc said...

love the pics!!!!

Brian said...

Hey! I hope you don't mind, but I posted 100 things about me on my blog. Thanks for the great idea!

J&J's Mom said...

Love the hair! Babies are cute as always! Let me know when you figure out the video thing!! That info could prove quite handy ;0) Have a good one!

Raehan said...

Looks like a great event and nice group of people.

Love the hair.

Unknown said...

Ohhhh, I would LOVE to have a pair of Gucci sunglasses (not to mention also one of those gorgeous Coach bags I saw). Oh wait, my checkbook is saying groceries and diapers. Dang!

I like the dark hair too!

Anonymous said...

Forget the black friends/white friends issue. The big question for me is are those real Coach bags or knockoffs?

Anonymous said...

your hair looks GORGEOUS!

right choice! I LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous dark hair and a coach bag; what more can a girl ask for?

soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

Liking the do...was the food good?

mcgibfried said...

talkin' booowt tha gheeeetttttooooo!


singalongs are fun!

True Jersey Girl said...

Puh-lease. Of course they are real Coach. We don't do fakes.

jlybn123 said...

It's nice to see things from different perspectives sometimes! Glad it was a good thing and it sounds like you really had lots of fun!

Keep working on that video, I know you can do it!!! LOL

And the hair looks good!!

Have a good one!

Karan Simpson said...

Looks like a great time!

Thanks so much for stopping by and for the thoughts and prayers for my family. You are much appreciated.

Looking forward to visiting again soon.

Anonymous said...

Fun times!! We live in a neighbour hood where we are most def the minority and sometimes people look at us really funny when we walk our dog.ha! Speaking of dogs. When ya gonna post a pic of yours?

Evey said...

oops that was me above. dont know why it showed as anon

Anonymous said...

Nothing can liven up a table setting like a couple of Coach Handbags!

I like your hair :)

kristen said...

I love your dark hair! From the little that we could see, it really suits you. The party looked like a fun time.

Mary said...

Love the hair! It really suits you, True.

Hey folks, if you click on the photo is gets much bigger! You can see the hair better. :)