Thursday, July 28, 2005

The Day I Met Billy Lane

Its been a whole few days since I talked about Billy Lane, and a number of you commented & emailed me the other day that he is hot. So I thought I would tell you about the time I met him.

Hub is really into motorcycles, so he found out about this open house thingee at a Harley dealer in western NJ. There would be Harleys there from each decade, one of Indian Larry's bikes, and some guy named Billy Lane would be there with one of his bikes. I was like, fine, whatever, nothing better to do. I usually went to do something else while Hub was watching the Biker Build-off shows on tv; I only wanted to watch American Chopper because, well, Paulie Jr. is hot (although my crush on him is over - he doesn't drink, doesn't curse, is a religious freak...no thank you). So we drive like 45 minutes out to Lebanon NJ (I didn't even know there was such a place) and we go in. There is a table set up where this Billy Lane guy was supposed to be signing autographs, but there is no one there. I am looking around and I see this guy walking around with long black dredlocks, tattoos, gorgeous, drinking a beer out of the bottle. I am trying not to stare but this guy is HOT. I say to Hub (not knowing who Billy Lane was), "I guess he isn't here" (because there was no one at the autograph table). Hub says, "no, that's him right there" and points to the guy I have been checking out. All of a sudden I am wondering two things: 1. Why haven't I been watching his show? and 2. Why didn't I do something with my hair?

So there is a line to meet him, but he isn't at a table. He is just hanging out, standing up and talking to everyone, drinking beer and just being a regular guy. Now I had met Paulie from OCC a few months before that, and he was kind of an ass - when we went up for autographs, neither he nor Paul Sr. even looked up at anyone - it was almost like they couldn't be bothered. Billy Lane was the complete opposite. He took time to talk to each person and to pose for pics with each person.


We go up and I take a pic of Hub, Princess and Billy. Don't you think Princess is looking at Billy thinking, is this my new Daddy??? LOL...anyway...Hub asks him if he gets tired of signing autographs after so many hours. Billy responds that no, he never gets tired of meeting his fans and its the best part of his job. He flew in that morning for this event, and was flying out that evening.

So we go on our way, but we're still looking at all the bikes (well, Hub is looking at bikes, I am looking at Billy). Hub's like, go back and get your picture taken with him already. You're staring enough. I'm like, "what? Me? No darling, there is no other man for me but you!" He's like, just go. So we went back and I got my pic taken (which I won't post because like I said, I didn't do my hair). We talked with him for quite a while; he told us about the hubless wheel he created and how it works, and was just so cool and down to earth. He was the kind of guy we'd hang out with at a bar, drinking beer and doing shots and getting crazy with.


My kind of guy.

Since I met him, I have read alot about him. Hub got me his book for Mother's Day and I read it in less than a day - he is a fascinating guy. Despite everything I have read about his wild ways (not that I can say anything, have you seen any of my drinking pictures?) and his preference for strippers, I can say first-hand that he was such a nice guy and not at all what his "image" portrays him to be.

(How cool is it that if you Google Billy Lane images, my lil' ol' blog comes up. Yay me!)

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Billy sounds like a really classy guy. That was really nice of him to take a picture with Hub and Princess.

Anonymous said...

That is cool that your name comes up

And I was thinking about something that you have on the side bar. What's wrong with big hair. Not that I have it anymore of course, but I'm from Long Island where big hair was once a neccesity. Just thought I'd throw that in because I'm fixated on hair!

jlybn123 said...

Did hubby have the courtesy to follow you around and wipe off your drool that day? LOL

Vixen said...

So hub knows how HOT you think Billy is and still buys you his book...hubby is cool! :)

Anonymous said...

YAY too indeed!

your husband is way cool making you go back. YAY hub!

but Billy is not my type. but then we are the ying and yang of the blogosphere, aren't we, True?

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh at the part where Princess asks, if he is her new daddy. I don't know who this guy is, Have I been away too long or what!!! maybe I will meet him when I am in NJ too!

Bridget Unnel said...

Billy Lane is in my ears and in my eyes, on a bike, beneath the blue suburban skies...

Natsthename said...

If I knew who Billy Lane was, I'd be all set! *googling Billy Lane now*

I'm glad you got to meet him, though, and that he took a nice pic with your family!!

True Jersey Girl said...

Pia - trust me, I have nothing against big hair - that's why I say I don't have big hair *anymore*. NJ was the big hair capital of the world and I was the Queen. And believe it or not, there are more than a few women here who have just not left the 80's behind them and *still* have big hair.

Bridget - I was singing and singing trying to think of what song that was...finally it came to me and now I can't get it out of my head!!!

Peanutt said...

And where is the pic of you with Billy? Did Hub and Princess get to have all the fun?????

Jean-Luc Picard said...

From where I am, I've never heard of Billy Lane, either.

Unknown said...

I had never heard of Billy until I read about him here. Sounds like a cool guy.

I am a big fan of American Choppers, but I was dismayed to read about your encounter with the Pauls. You would think they would be more gracious to their fans. They would not be where they are at without us!

AND... Girl, you just only recently started the Stephanie Plum series?! You are a Jersey Girl! Funny thing is, when I first came to your blog, you reminded me a lot of her!

Bruce Kent said...

my kind of guy: I once attempted that with a bottle of Evan Williams (yea I know...)
Needless to say seconds later I had my face in the toliet with someone yelling in my ear "You owe me a bottle of whiskey...don't throw that sh** up !!!"

Anonymous said...

the first time i heard of him was when you sent me to visit his blog, and he kind of scared me! that's a great pic of him with your two special people, he really comes across as a sweetie, no wonder your daughter is checking him out.

Zee said...

Missed you, TJG! And you are so, so lucky!!! Sounds like such a cool time you had, and by your accounts, he does sound like a great guy.

Now I wanna go out and party. Hmm, wonder if I can steal my hub's bike for tonight?

Kim said...

God is he a hotty! AND, he sounds totally cool!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great story! I just love it when you meet someone who you admire and they turn out to be nice! YEAHHHH!!

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Look at all the fun I've been missing!

That Dude said...

just an fyi, Paulie Jr used to drink and drug, but was really hooked.

LisaBinDaCity said...

It's ALL about the hair. I'm from the South and big hair is a way of life there as well. Although my big hair is long gone too - Thank Gawd :-)

Glad he was a sweetheart!

soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

Its funny about bad boys and strippers. My husband's best friend is a tattoo artist. He has become pretty popular here locally. He has always thought highly of himself, so his new found fame, didn't change that...but he has always dated strippers - but what kills me, is he actually has started relationships with them. Then, gets hurt because well, "once a stripper, always a stripper" - he can never change that. It just kills me that he still tries!

Shit - if thats what it takes to get the hotties...I'll strip! I cannot promise it will look good, but I'll do it!

Shannon akaMonty said...

Now see, that's the kind of guy I'd look at and think, "YUM"...but if he were to approach me at a bar, I'd be scared. ;)

I'm happy you got to meet him...and PLEASE post the pic. We don't care what your hair looks like. Just your pretty face. :) Next to his pretty face. :)

drunkbh said...

I didn't even know who Billy Lane was. Then I saw the pics.

Whoa! Hot guy on a bike with tattoos. I'm in love. You just created an addict.

Jenn said...

True - Just gotta say, I just (as in an hour ago) got in from a trip to Milwaukee where I completely fed my bad boy fetish and hung out at the Milwaukee Rally (motorcycle show). The scenery was excellent! :) I just had to keep telling myself no. Fun to watch, bad to play with! :)