OK, I had quite a few drinks tonight and I am waiting for my sleeping medicine to kick in, so here are some random things on my mind today:
- Did you hear Luther Vandross died? Is it because of his stroke or that he got fat and skinny and then fat and skinny too many times?
- It is difficult for a group of 3 people to decide how much alcohol it is necessary to bring for 7 people to tailgate for approximately 5 hours before a concert.
- On my way up to Connecticut this weekend, I passed my favorite signs for my favorite places - "Croton Falls" and "Hardscrabble Road" - and I like when we pass the town of "Purdys" and Hub says that I should live there. I have never been to any of these places but I just love the names.
- I don't like learning things about my cousins that I would rather not know, but I am glad they trust me to tell me.
- We took Princess to the fireworks on Friday night and she was totally not afraid of the noise. She looked up, was like "whatever", and returned to running around like a maniac.
- When I need sleep, I need to have the air conditioner on in the bedroom. Hub insists on judging whether we put on the A/C on what the outside temp is. Shouldn't it matter more that I am your wife and I will make your life a living hell if you don't put the friggin A/C on so I can sleep?
That's it for random thoughts for the evening. Oh, except for this one:
- My regular A/C is STILL not fixed even though that mofo has been out here TWICE now for a total of nearly 2 hours. Bah.
Happy 4th of July, all of my fellow Americans out there. Please remember that, conservative or liberal or somewhere in between, we all love this country and are proud to live here and call it home. And today we are celebrating the freedoms we are lucky enough to have in our country, and I think its something we take for granted too often. Hopefully you will take one minute to stop today and be grateful for all we have here.