Monday, July 04, 2005

Randomness

OK, I had quite a few drinks tonight and I am waiting for my sleeping medicine to kick in, so here are some random things on my mind today:

- Did you hear Luther Vandross died? Is it because of his stroke or that he got fat and skinny and then fat and skinny too many times?

- It is difficult for a group of 3 people to decide how much alcohol it is necessary to bring for 7 people to tailgate for approximately 5 hours before a concert.

- On my way up to Connecticut this weekend, I passed my favorite signs for my favorite places - "Croton Falls" and "Hardscrabble Road" - and I like when we pass the town of "Purdys" and Hub says that I should live there. I have never been to any of these places but I just love the names.

- I don't like learning things about my cousins that I would rather not know, but I am glad they trust me to tell me.

- We took Princess to the fireworks on Friday night and she was totally not afraid of the noise. She looked up, was like "whatever", and returned to running around like a maniac.

- When I need sleep, I need to have the air conditioner on in the bedroom. Hub insists on judging whether we put on the A/C on what the outside temp is. Shouldn't it matter more that I am your wife and I will make your life a living hell if you don't put the friggin A/C on so I can sleep?

That's it for random thoughts for the evening. Oh, except for this one:
- My regular A/C is STILL not fixed even though that mofo has been out here TWICE now for a total of nearly 2 hours. Bah.

Happy 4th of July, all of my fellow Americans out there. Please remember that, conservative or liberal or somewhere in between, we all love this country and are proud to live here and call it home. And today we are celebrating the freedoms we are lucky enough to have in our country, and I think its something we take for granted too often. Hopefully you will take one minute to stop today and be grateful for all we have here.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy 4th of July true, you sound mellow and thoughtful, i like it!

glad princess wasn't scared of the fireworks, Helene SCREAMS!

Anonymous said...

yikes, still no a/c, i don't think i would have let the guy leave unless it was fixed! happy 4th to you, hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

If you ever get a chance to go to Croton Falls you should. It's really lovely there! And so easy to get to.

Hope you have a great 4th.

soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

Happy 4th to you!

Charlie Mc said...

Happy 4th Jersey Girl!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July to you, too!

When I was a kid, fireworks didn't impress me much, either!

3 people trying to buy enough booze for 7 people to last 5 hours has got to be damn near impossible!

Katy said...

Happy 4th beautiful. Have a great day today and tell hubby to let you keep cool!!!LOL

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Happy Fourth of July, True Jersey Girl. You write that comment well.

Enjoy the day!

Arethusa said...

Have a great 4th of July True Jersey. :)

Doris said...

Happy 4th of July and welcome back to your blog :-)

Sleeping Mommy said...

Happy Fourth of July TJG!

Kim said...

I'm the same way with the a/c. I need to have it on, and no matter what I have to have smaller fan turned on in the hallway for white noise. Drives Hubby crazy.

Raehan said...

Happy Fourth, and sound sleeping! Get that deep sleep that you deserve.

Scarlet Hip said...

Glad to see you back! Nothing like 4th of July at the Jersey shore. Much better than here in bloody hot Florida.

For some reason you fell off my bloglist. Odd. I have to put you back on!

Evey said...

Happy 4th to you!!!! What did you guys get up to? We had some friends in town for Seattle and so we decided to stay home and BBQ and drink lots and lots of beer:)

Anonymous said...

I miss the fireworks there! I used to hear it from my apt easy since I lived near the East River

Molly said...

Glad that you had a good Fourth of July and that the blog is back to normal...hope the AC joins it soon! I was without over the weekend and it totally blows!