Friday, July 22, 2005

Photo Friday and Hockey's Back!

I had planned on doing a post today about the time I met Billy Lane because 1. several others of you think he's hot (and you are right) and I'd like to relive the day I met him, and 2. because I just wanted to post another picture of him to look at. (Edit: for those of you not in the know, Billy Lane builds badass choppers. Click here for his website).But nah, I don't feel like doing that post right now. And as I have had to remind people lately, this is my friggin blog and I'll do what I want with it.

The awesome thing is that the Photo Friday topic this week is "Attractive" so I can post the pic and not have to tell the story right now. I didn't take this one, but if you want to see one I took go here.


-----------------
Rejoice and be happy! The NHL Players Association has finally formally ratified the collective bargaining agreement so hockey can officially return next season (so long as the owners sign tomorrow, and why wouldn't they?)! Thank God. It has been a sad state aound the True household without hockey. Now, believe me, I love me some baseball but as a Yankees fan, I really only care once October gets here. And I love me some football, but the season is short and the Giants are a disappointment year after year. So, yay, my beloved Devils will be back next year to contend for the Cup. But Hub and I are po so I am hoping one of the changes they make is lowering the damn ticket prices. $30 for an upper tier corner seat is ridiculous. I can't even get a good look at Brodeur's ass from all the way up there (eh, I'm fickle. I don't like him as a person but I can still look at his ass, right?).

As for the changes, I'd love to see a penalty-shot shootout rather than ties, and two line passes would be just fine with me. But as a Brodeur fan (his play rather than his bod, this time), less goaltender handling of the puck is not good for me. Its his specialty. I was there the night he scored a goal and it was one of the most exciting things I have seen in hockey.
-----------------
And just for fun another pic of Billy that I obviously didn't take but that I love anyhow because he looks so badass on his chopper:

24 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm actually opposed to the shootout to determine ties, unless they'll still play the five minute sudden death OT and then only do the shootout if there's still a tie, but even then I'm not a fan of the idea. Getting rid of the red line is a great idea, and I totally agree with you about the goaltender puck handling. I think they should definitely mandate much smaller goalie gear, however. Look at the difference between the 1970s goalies and today's. Geez, it's no wonder they're able to stop more pucks, their equipment takes up the entire goalmouth. I'm just glad it'll be back and the next few months will be interesting to watch as the teams figure out who they can afford.

I must confess that I have absolutely no freaking clue who Billy Lane is.

guppyman said...

Shootouts SUCK! Ties suck too. What they really need to do... 5 minute 5 on 5 overtime... Then a five minute 4 on 4, 3 on 3, etc... till it's down to one on one.... let that go as long as it takes!

Of course, I could really care less about the NHL... The ral action is in the AHL (And we still had hockey last year :) )

Plus, I can still afford to go to games- 30 bucks would have me center ice on the 3rd row- Though I like it behind the home goal the best.... and those tickets are only $16. It's gotta suck to pay NHL admission prices!

True Jersey Girl said...

I disagree about shootouts. There should be a 5 minute OT and then a shootout if its still a tie. I hate going to games and having OT and then it still ends in a tie - someone should win. And shootouts are FUN to watch - they would definitely bring excitement to the game.

Molly said...

Ties are the worst. I feel gyped if I go to a game and no one wins.

Hmm I think Billy Lane is hotter without the hair down...I am all for little to no hair...(though we are not talking balding...just haircuts)

Anonymous said...

He has a sexy look though not my type. I do bet he has a tight ass though. There's a man growing out of his right shoulder!

Evey said...

Glad to know there is another big hockey fan out there, I was just about to post about this as well. Im an Oilers fan by the way and hubby is an Avalanche fan, Makes for some interesting times around our house!

Bridget Unnel said...

Please don't hurt me, but........who is Billy Lane?

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Being in England, I didn't know hockey wasn't being shown at the moment.

Tracy S said...

Guppy got me started on hockey ..Now I am hooked !!! We go to the AHL games though .I couldn't even tell you about NHL .All I know is Hockey soon became my favorite sport .There is nothing like watching a hockey game live either ...Awesome !!

fakies said...

Lovin' me some Billy Lane and his choppers! And definitely jonesin' for some hockey!

xtessa said...

hey there girlie! i came via michele's today...

you REALLY got it bad with Billy, huh?!!! LOL! i understand you, girl. i feel the same way about Hugh!

soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

Mmmmm...

thephoenixnyc said...

LET'S GO DEVILS. What would you give for my autographed Brodeur puck and Jersey?

: )

Anonymous said...

go leafs go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimberly said...

Okay, maybe we're not related. I'm not a hockey fan and I don't even know who this hottie is!! Great post though:-)

Jenn said...

LET'S GO FLY-ERS (Clap, clap, clapclapclap)!!!! Let the vicious email between your sis and my mom begin! The Phantoms had a GREAT (read: won the Cup) season, but it's just not the same as the orange, black and white. This year's hockey party at our house will be HUGE! I agree with Kathleen (?) about the difference in Goalies between 1970 and now. There was so much net around them then and since the rink size isn't gonna change thereby diallowing increasing the size of the net, they've got to make goalie pads smaller. I also agree with whomever said once the goalie comes out of the crease...well, maybe they should set a parameter (like behind the net is o.k. too)...he should be fair game. Hit him...Hard! ;) Happy Hockey Season everyone! :)

Anonymous said...

I don´t do hockey either, but i like me some hot men any time!

btw, I am in norway on holiday and operating on a norwegia keyboard so youæll have to excuse any weird letters or words. All the keys are in the wrong place!!!

Charlie Mc said...

3 words for all of you in the spirit of the return of hockey:

LET'S GO ISLANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kristen said...

I didn't know about Billy Lane until just now but I see what you've been talking about. I like the long hair/tattoo look & there aren't that many dudes out there rocking that look these days. He definitely stands out!

Kim said...

Dear God is he HOT!!!! Quick, someone splash me with cold water!!!

Kathleen said...

Thanks for the link to Billy Lane and I have to say that he doesn't do it for me - and it's not the tattoes or the long hair (because those don't bother me), but it does me that I won't fight you for him. ;-)

Daisy Mae said...

OMG! The Hockey strike may finally be over? HURRAY!!!! That's the best news I have heard in a long time. I wore black all season last year because I was in mourning for no hockey.

Peanutt said...

OOOH, hockey and Billy? What a great post!
YAY that they will be back next season! I haven't heard anything about it being I was out of town, but its so great to hear! I agree about the ticket prices, they do need to come down! But the hockey players now a days want more cash in their pockets too. Go figure, I mean I can't imagine living on just 300 grand a year myself...(and yes, I'm just guestimating a little there!)
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

On hockey I don't really care about the new rules. I don't have a problem with them either, what I want is what I wanted with the last set...just call them.

The obstruction had gotten ridiculous, when you go to a game and it looks like Modano isn't any faster than (pick any defense man in the league) Foote you know something is screwed up.