Ammie of Sleeping Mommy has interviewed me! I feel so honored! Here are my answers, and here's the deal: if you are one of the first five to leave a comment and specifically ask me to interview you, I will post personalized questions for you in the next few days for you to answer on your own blog. Fun, right??? I am nervous about this, because I don't think 5 people read this on a regular basis, but hey, I live on the edge so I'll give it a shot. Don't let me down!
1. Before becoming a full time stay at home mom, what kind of businesswoman were you?I worked at NJ's largest newspaper as Employment Manager. This means that I did the hiring, unemployment, disability, FMLA, envelope stuffing, stupid-question-answering, etc. I don't miss it.
2. Do you plan on having more children? If so how many? Let's see. I would like to have one more, if he/she could be exactly like Princess. If it doesn't happen, I wouldn't be crushed. I really feel like I have perfection in the one I already have so I almost feel like I'd be tempting fate having a second. But I'd like one more.
3. How did you meet your husband? Oh boy. We met in a seedy dive bar in the Village in NYC. It was the best bar ever - they played great music, had a fun crowd, and charged $5 to get in and you got all the free beer you could drink until 11 pm. Hub bought me shot after shot after shot until I needed to hold onto to him to keep from falling down...but he did not try to take advantage of me. And I did not go home with him. I knew that night that we would get married.
4. Being from Oklahoma, and cut off from all my old college buddies, I’m feeling deprived in the party department these days. If I were to visit you, how and where would we party? These days, the party department is closed most days due to being a responsible adult. However...we are having a Mardi Gras party this month at our house(yes, I know the real Mardi Gras was a month ago, but we couldn't get it together in time). I will make purple, yellow, and green jello shots. We'll have a king cake. We'll have a huge vat of Hurricanes. Hub will parade around in a cardboard "float" he made out of a big cardboard box (yes, I will post pics of this) throwing beads. I will wear a pink wig and tiara. My friend Patsy will wear those fake boobs you get at Party City and pretend she is flashing people. We will wear shot glass beads around our necks so that if the desire for a shot should strike, a glass is always near. Towards the end of the night, it will be just my core little group of 10 or so friends (the whole party is usually about 60 people...we invited 100 this year) and we'll have heated political debates and argue till the sun comes up, even though we're all on the same side of the argument. And, just so no one is calling childrens' protective services on me, Hub does not drink and is super-responsible. If that wasn't the case, we wouldn't party like this anymore. That's how we will party. Interested????
5. What single appliance or gadget could you not live without? Hmmm...well overall I would say my microwave since I am not a good cook. But for fun, its always nice to have a blender for those strawberry margaritas.
OK, there it is! Wanna be next? Leave me a comment specifically asking to be interviewed and if you are one of the first five, I'll interview you! Its that easy! Now do it!!!