Monday, January 31, 2005

What's Up With Me

Labor
As we speak, my sister in law is at the hospital in labor. Hell, for all I know she had the baby already. Her last kid came out in under 4 hours total, and I got the call from them at about 8:45 this morning that they were on their way...so the baby may be here.

They are those people who don't find out the sex of the baby before birth. I suppose its for the surprise factor, but they are lesbians so one would think having a baby at all is a big enough surprise. For me, a straight woman, getting pregnant was a shock (though I had been married for about 6 years) and that was surprise enough. It was a happy surprise, but still a surprise.

So, they had a little baby shower (for a second kid? I am still not sure about this...) and everything they got was yellow. Everything. Most of it had ducks on it. Of course, I went to Gymboree and got a gorgeous "Spoiled" velvet one piece (ok, that was white, not yellow), and a striped onesie with cute matching fleecey overalls with monkeys on them (quite yellow). Nice things, but it would have been so much nicer if I could have bought cute blue or pink stuff. Not that I am judging their choice or anything, its totally a personal thing to know or not know. But help out the shoppers, find out the sex.

But, its perfect timing because qualifying for Gymbucks starts today, so I can go there and get some cutesy things once the kid is out. And then spend the Gymbucks on my own kid. Woo hoo!

Ebay
This coming weekend, I am going to start selling on ebay. My little princess has SO many clothes its not even funny. I think I have mentioned before my addiction to shopping for her, so I have to start selling off the stuff that no longer fits just so I can buy more stuff that does fit. Its officially becoming a vicious cycle.

Weight
Well, I lost 10 pounds so far this year. Its going very well. Only 55 to go, which I want to meet before October when we go to Vegas. I can do it I can do it I can do it....