Here is my first semi-cool blog-type-thing: my list of 100 things about me. Enjoy.
1. I am a Sagittarius and generally fit the profile.
2. My daughter is one too, and I hope she fits the profile.
3. I am generally considered to be pretty outgoing, but inside I am just a little bit shy when I meet new people.
4. I love, love, love to throw parties and have a good time.
5. I get along better with men than with women.
6. I think more like a man.
7. When I get together with my friend Patsy, I can be totally insane.
8. A lot of people are afraid of pissing me off because I can be a real bitch.
9. I have traveled all over the world and the only place I have been that I would not move to is Houston.
10. My elaborate plan is to move to New Orleans and open a bar with Patsy called “Hysterically Blind.”
11. I got one of my nicknames, “Deb,” from the HBO movie Hysterical Blindness.
12. I have a very close family, including aunts, uncles, cousins, great-aunts and uncles, etc.
13. My friends all want to be part of my family.
14. When I was a kid, my family used to go down the shore and stay in a pink house.
15. I think John Cougar wrote that song "Pink Houses" for me.
16. I tend to dislike people immediately upon meeting them; its just easier.
17. I am quite sarcastic and my humor puts some people off.
18. I don’t care that it does.
19. I love Big Cheez-its, but not the regular sized ones.
20. I love to take photos of everything and want to look at them all the time.
21. That's why I have 100's of framed pictures in my house.
22. Every guy (except one, damn him) I have ever given my phone number to has called me.
23. I knew the night I met my husband that we would get married.
24. I was bummed because I was having so much fun being single.
25. I dated a guy for several years before that, and I broke his heart.
26. On my first date with my husband, I started a fight with him because I didn’t think he was being respectful enough of me.
27. He has been respectful ever since.
28. No guy has ever broken up with me.
29. Most guys think I am the coolest wife and wish they could find a wife like me.
30. I love sports.
31. Watching them, not playing them.
32. I love hockey (Devils), baseball (Yankees), and football (Giants).
33. I can put a hex on a field goal kicker if necessary.
34. I have the most beautiful daughter in the whole world.
35. Strangers tell me how beautiful she is all the time.
36. I am addicted to ebay.
37. It used to be for drinking paraphernalia for our basement bar.
38. Now its for My Chemical Romance stuff.
39. I love dressing my daughter every day in pretty or cool things.
40. I am ½ of an elite drinking team.
41. Me and the other ½ searched high and low for a third, but no one can keep up.
42. Its better to be 1/2 than 1/3 anyway.
43. I hate people who drive slow in the fast lane.
44. It’s the passing lane, so if you aren’t passing anyone, get out!!!
45. I hate driving with my husband due to his road rage.
46. My sisters-in-law think I am a spoiled brat.
47. I don’t care.
48. If you like to have nice things and you can afford it, why not?
49. I’d rather not pick things out of the garbage to place in my home or on my kid, thankyouverymuch.
50. I don’t like to participate in home improvement projects.
51. I prefer to supervise.
52. I currently run a Human Resources Department for a large company.
53. I love having my own office with windows.
54. My daughter is very happy in daycare so don't give me shit about it.
55. I like all kinds of music except country.
56. OK, and I don't really like top 40 either.
57. I am currently obsessed with Gerard Way and My Chemical Romance.
58. Until I met my husband, I was sure I would marry Jon Bon Jovi.
59. I still might.
60. I have seen Bon Jovi in concert about 50 times (maybe more).
61. I generally prefer heavier, harder rock and punk.
62. I wanted to play drums when I was in 3rd grade but was refused because “girls don’t play drums.”
63. I played the flute instead.
64. I think this is why I am a feminist today.
65. Had I played the drums in 3rd grade, I am sure I would have fulfilled my true destiny in becoming a punk rock star.
66. I have a pit bull named Gypsy who is the sweetest, lovingest dog you could ever meet.
67. Gypsy is gentle with my daughter and would never hurt her or anyone else.
68. Gypsy is afraid of vacuum cleaners, but kills bugs for me.
69. I sometimes dress Gypsy in a doggie Giants jersey.
70. I highly dislike people who are prejudiced against pit bulls; its no different than being prejudiced against certain types of people.
71. I am only prejudiced against one type of person – stupid.
72. I hate to cook.
73. I love to eat.
74. I despise parents who allow their children to act up in public.
75. Or in my home.
76. I don’t believe in spanking, but I do believe in consequences for your actions.
77. I think Coors Lite tastes good.
78. I love frozen strawberry margaritas on a hot day more than just about anything.
79. I can drink most men under the table.
80. I haven’t thrown up in 7-ish years.
81. That may change this weekend.
82. I am pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-freedom of speech, pro-American.
83. I am one of the most patriotic people on the planet.
84. I am very liberal because I don’t really care what anyone else does as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone.
85. I am a registered democrat.
86. And I vote.
87. My favorite book of all time is The Bell Jar.
88. I’ve read it over and over and over.
89. I love to scrapbook my daughter’s life.
90. I don’t really tell my friends about it because they would think its lame.
91. I’m not sure why I care.
92. I wish I could surprise my husband and buy him a Harley.
93. Someday, I will.
94. I am generally an optimistic person, but people think I am a pessimist because of my attitude and sarcasm.
95. I accidentally stole a brick of cheddar cheese from the supermarket once, because I gave it to my daughter to play with and forgot to put it on the checkout belt.
96. I don’t feel bad about it because they make me stand on line for cold cuts for 20 minutes.
97. I hate food shopping and leave immediately if the senior citizen buses are there.
98. Overall I think I am a pretty good person.
99. And I have led a very good, blessed life.
100. And I hope I continue to do so, because I am enjoying every second of it.