Friday, January 28, 2005

Cabin Fever

It is so cold here, its not even funny. Here in Jersey, we are used to getting a few sub-zero days here and there, a few feet of snow over a whole winter, and then whaddaya know, its spring. But it has been freezing for weeks now. And with the Little Princess, its hard because I don't want to take her out in the freezing cold if I don't have to. But gd it, I am getting cabin fever and I just want to go outside!

Scary moment this morning - I was carrying the princess up the 2 steps in the living room and I tripped over the baby gate (which I now call the Gate of Hell) and she went flying, flat on her face. Blood everywhere. I thought her two bottom teeth had been knocked loose, I was totally freaking out. Luckily, she had just bitten her tongue and that was where the blood was coming from. It finally stopped bleeding and after a few hairy minutes, she went back to her usual happy-go-lucky self. I think she is so used to being knocked around by Gypsy that this was just a little rougher than usual. I am raising one tough broad here.

Oh, and she now knows the sounds a monkey, lion, and pig make, and she started saying hi. She is the best.