Friday, March 16, 2007

I'm in New Orleans. Please Send Bail Money.


So this is what I was going to post tonight so you would know I was basking in the drunken debauchery that is my favorite city, New Orleans. However. It is snowing here and they are saying we're going to get 4-8 inches by tomorrow morning when I am due to leave. Flights are already delayed 3 hours out of Newark Airport. Flights are getting canceled left and right. I am telling you right now, if my flight does not take off tomorrow, I am going to seriously hurt someone. Instead of sending me bail money to New Orleans for doing something crazy, you are going to have to send bail money to the Newark Airport pokey because I, I don't know, punched a pilot or something.

11 comments:

Bobkat said...

Fingers crossed that you get away okay! Hope you do and that ou have a fab time!

Mr. Melpomene said...

Have a cocktail while you wait to get to New Orleans, I've been doing that since Aug 27, 2005

Voices of NLD said...

Hope that you make it, but the bail money will be waiting :)

I didn't believe this really was going to be a storm either

And I kept checking your blog--glad you're back blogging more

Just a trumpet player said...

Just tell them to send the snow our way ; we're expecting a good 40 inches of snow over here. More or less won't change a thing.

Michele sent me ; Have a great weekend ! I'll be sending lots of good vibes your way...

Carolyn said...

Hi, here from Michele's, my first visit to your blog.

Poor you! Flying right now is the pitts! Hope it turns out ok. N.O. isn't a bad place to be stranded in, however :)

P.S. my husband is from Jersey (Linden area)

JM said...

The good news is that I haven't seen any reports on the news about a ruckus at Newark Airport. I can only you don't have to wait too long. Probably NOT the right moment to remind you that snow is like sex; doesn't pay to worry about how many inches you'll get or how long it will last.

thephoenixnyc said...

Have fun kid!! Its snowing and sleeting here as well.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I thinbk there is a lot of people willing to send you bail money!

Unknown said...

Did you make it???

Anonymous said...

oh no!!!
we got a bit of snow here but not enough to disrupt the airport, hope you managed to get away.

LisaBinDaCity said...

Get home safe! But in the meantime can't you chow down on pralines and hurricanes while you wait? ;-)