But first...you people are killing me with this game from yesterday. I will do the people that signed up after I went to bed, but be aware that it takes me so friggin long to do this stuff that I barely got to visit anyone yesterday and now probably won't visit anyone today. So if you signed up already your answers will be in yesterdays comments some time today. NO MORE SIGNUPS THOUGH, PLEASE! And no more games for me after this! But don't forget...if you played with me yesterday (or today), you have to post the game on your blog now. EDIT: They are all done, even those of you kind folks who said I didn't have to do yours. I did them because you were so sweet to say I didn't have to do them.-----------
So I have this friend. She is very like me in so many ways - we are the same age, we went to school together since 7th grade, our families are very similar in makeup and closeness. But somewhere along the way (and this story goes waaaaay deeper than I am going to share here), her life took so many odd turns that now we have very little in common.
This friend's nickname is Springer. As in Jerry Springer. As in, he could fill a whole season of shows with her life. Here is season one in a nutshell:
1. I am married, yet pregnant with a married Orthodox Jewish guy's baby!*
2. I woke up in bed next to my husband's brother!
3. I am divorced, yet pregnant again with the same married man's baby!
4. I slept with my children's female nanny!
5. I slept with my step-brother and my children's female nanny...at the same time!
6. The Syrian Mob (allegedly) set my house on fire while I was sleeping and I had to jump out of a second story window to survive...and I was 8 months pregnant!
7. I just had my third kid and I am not married...but the father is! Just not to me!
8. I am so jealous that my kids' nanny is getting married that I try to fistfight him!
That's all I can think of right now (not that its not enough) but I know there is more I just can't think of. What is so sad is that she is the nicest person around. I love her to death and I love hanging out with her. I went to visit her yesterday, since she just had a baby (yep, by a married guy), and we had a nice time. I asked her about the father of the baby, and she said he is totally uninvolved (since he is married) and she is fine with it. I can't help but wonder what kind of example she is setting for her 7 year old daughter.
*Just to note: the only reason I mention this guy's religion is this: he is married with 5 children. He is Orthodox, so after sundown on Fridays he cannot do anything, even something as simple as turning on a lightswitch. So one Friday, he walked 3 miles from the temple to her house and she forgot to leave the lights on for him. So he sat in the dark for 4 hours until she got home. Now, I can respect a man who takes his religion so seriously that he would sit in the dark rather than commit what he considers to be a sin. BUT HE WAS THERE WAITING FOR HIS MISTRESS. HE IS A MARRIED MAN, WITH 5 CHILDREN. HE CANNOT TURN ON A LIGHT, BUT HE CAN COMMIT ADULTERY AND GET HIS MISTRESS PREGNANT TWICE??? Talk about hypocrisy.