Thursday, January 15, 2015

Back At It

I had gotten myself to where I was really pretty fit. I was running 5k's and lifting weights and feeling really good about myself, about both how I felt and how I looked. And then, I don't know what happened, but I got out of the habit. I got tired, perhaps. I started spending more time on the couch with my daughter. (And I know, this is bad for me AND for her. I don't want her to think that's how to spend your time.) I stayed out of the exercise habit for a couple of years and really became lazy.

But I feel like I'm back. I have been working out for a few weeks now, and once again I feel that soreness I love. You know that soreness you get in your muscles that tells you that you have worked out hard and well? I love that feeling. I complain about it (a lot), but I love it. It feels like accomplishment. It feels like success. It feels like hard work paying off.

And as I'm sitting here waiting for the day to end, I'm finding myself looking forward to tonight's workout. It's going to be a tough kettlebell workout, and I know my thighs will be screaming and my heart will be racing and my arms will be quivering...and I can't fucking wait.

No comments: