Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Travel Plans and Hopes and Dreams

We are *almost* done traveling for 2015. Just one more road trip coming up, which is going to be out of my comfort zone a bit. We are going to the Carolinas to stay in a cabin in the woods. Now, when I say "cabin" please don't misunderstand me. I found a cabin with a huge wall of windows looking out over the mountains, a pool table in it's game room, and a  hot tub. All just for me, Hubby, and TJK. I'm looking forward to it, just from the standpoint of getting away and relaxing. That's in November...and then we have nothing planned going forward. I HATE that. I need travel to look forward to.

To recap 2015, we went to:

  • San Antonio
  • Vermont
  • Philly (more of a weekend away, but still)
  • London
  • Liverpool
  • Iceland
  • Ohio for the Football Hall of Fame inductions
  • Bahamas
  • Mexico (Cozumel and Costa Maya)
  • The Carolinas
Some places I would really love to look into going in 2016:
  • Portugal
  • Budapest
  • Istanbul/Cappadocia, Turkey
  • South American cruise
  • Northern Ireland (Dublin across the north to Galway)
  • Cuba
  • San Diego (one of my favorite places ever)
  • Napa Valley with the 'Bombs
  • New Orleans
  • Quebec Ice Hotel
  • European cruise (Spain to the south of France, or the Greek Islands)
  • Hawaii
  • Pittsburgh (to take TJK to a Steelers game)
  • The Exhumas in the Bahamas (to swim with pigs!)
Obviously there is no way we can hit all of these, but I always like to make a wish list and then wherever we don't get next year, we can consider for the following year.

And a couple of longer-term ideas for perhaps 2017:
  • The Galapagos Islands
  • Norway cruise
  • Paris and Giverny with TJK, Hubby, Shar, and Momo
  • Scotland
And for 2018, which is a big wedding anniversary for us, so I'm hoping to do it big:
  • African safari
  • Hawaii  (if we don't get there before, since our honeymoon was there and I'd love to show it all to TJK)

No comments: