Thursday, December 30, 2004

Addictions

I had no idea that one could become addicted to a baby clothes store.

I have been addicted to a few things in my life, some I am perhaps still addicted to. I won't go into too much detail about it, but let's just say I have some serious New Year's Resolutions coming up this week. But in any case, I guess you could say I have an addictive personality. Some things you expect to get addicted to, to one degree or another...booze, gambling, drugs, food...but I never in a million years thought it possible to become addicted to Gymboree.

Yet, I have been to the mall twice this week (two different malls, because they have different stuff in stock) to go to Gymboree. My daughter is a year old and therefore has no clue what she is wearing, so its obviously for me that I buy all this crap. And I have it marked on my calendar when "Gymbucks" start (1/13, if you care).

So I think my most recent previous addiction (drinking and partying) has been replaced with shopping for baby clothes. Does this mean I am an adult, finally?

No comments: